Sunnyside Nursing Home
Sunnyside Nursing Home is located in the village of Iver in Buckinghamshire. It has an excellent reputation as one of the leading care homes in Bucks. The home was established in 1984 and has remained under the same family ownership ever since.
The original building was a Victorian house which has been extended and refurbished extensively.
Over 90% of the accommodation is now purpose built and the care home successfully combines both traditional features and high quality modern facilities. The building is bordered by well kept gardens and mature trees.
Our team of professional and friendly staff provide extremely high levels of nursing and residential care to ensure that our residents feel looked after, relaxed and comfortable. We cater for all our residents care needs and provide provide wonderful facilities and a broad range of activities to keep them stimulated and happy.
We can offer both single and large double rooms, all which are specified and fitted out to a high standard. Every room has a top of the range Volker full profiling, adjustable height electric bed. Bedrooms are fully furnished but we encourage residents to bring your favourite furniture and pictures to personalise your room. Thermostatic heating, Digital TV, call bell, telephone and internet are available in all rooms. Some r ooms also available with direct access to an outside courtyard area.
Food and Drink
Our chefs maintain the highest standards of traditional cooking, providing a daily choice of meals and snacks around the clock served in either of our dining rooms or in the comfort of your own room if preferred. We can cater for vegetarian, diabetic or any religious, cultural or other special dietary requirements.
We provided 24 Hr Nursing & Dementia Care. Care plans are personlised and tailored to your needs, likes and dislikes. Residents are welcome to retain their GP where possible, but we also have a weekly visit from the local GP practice. We can continue to provide your care when your needs increase and work with other health and care professionals such as specialist nurses, optician, dietician and chiropodist.
Safety & Specialist Systems
The home provides a range of specialist and safety systems including 24 hr nurse call system, giving access to help and assistance whenever it's needed. Our intercom system allows effective communication with any room. Our residents can make full use of other specialist systems which include Volker full profiling electric beds, passenger lifts allowing access to all floors, assisted bathrooms and other systems and facilities to make their lives easer.
Nursing & Dementia Care Service
• Personal Care Plan - We personalise your care to your needs, likes and dislikes
• Personal Keyworker - A member of staff assigned to your care plan.
• GP On Call - GP service on call when it's needed..
• Keep Own GP - Keep your regular GP if you want to.
• Regular GP Visits - A regular visit once a week.
• Specialist Nurses Visit - From tissue viability to mental health, we can access specialists.
• Optician Visits - Regular visits.
• Dietician Visits - Dietician services by referral.
• Chiropody Services - Regular visits.
• Physiotherapy - Physiotherapy services by referral.
• Investors in People - We have achieved Investors In People status
• CQC Registered - We have an excellent track record of inspection reports.
• Care Association Membership - We are members of Milton Keynes & Buckinghamshire Care Association (MKBCare), Berkshire Care Association (BCA) and the Registered Nursing Home Association (RNHA).
• Family Owned - We have been under the same ownership since 1984 providing a consistent, experienced and stable management team.
• 24 Hr Nursing & Dementia Care - We can continue to provide your care when your needs increase.
• Full time House keeping Team - Because we employ our own cleaners we are able to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and infection control.
• On Site Laundry Service - Our on site laundry uses the latest technology Ozone wash system to kill infections even at low wash temperatures.
• Care Fees - Our fees are determined by the level of care needs and the room that you choose. We encourage prospective residents and their families to visit the nursing home and to meet the home manager. –
• We will arrange for one of our registered nurses to visit the prospective resident in order to carry out a thorough assessment of their care needs. –
• Funding from the NHS or Local Authority may be available to cover part or all of the care fees. We can provide contact details of advocacy services that can provide independent advice.
• Large Single & Double Rooms - All rooms are specified and fitted out to a high standard.
• Thermostatic Heating Controls - Every bedroom has individual thermostatic heating controls.
• All Rooms 100% Ensuite - Access to your own ensuite facility.
• Volker Full Profiling Electric Beds - Every room has a top of the range Volker full profiling, adjustable electric bed.
• Personal Furnishings - Bring your favourite furniture and pictures to personlise your room.
• Phone & Internet - Every room has an option for a private phone line or internet access.
• Digital TV - Digital Terrestrial TV in every room with optional satellite TV.
• Digital Radio - Digital Radio points fitted in every room.
• Courtyard Rooms - Rooms available with direct access to courtyard area.
Meals & Dining Facilities
• Separate Dining Rooms - Light and airy dining rooms.
• Daily Change of Menu - A daily choice.
• Room Service Available - Eat in the lounge, dining room or your own room.
• Special Diets - We can cater for vegetarian, diabetic or any religious, cultural or other special dietary requirements.
• Assistance - Assistance at meal times available.
• Beverages - Hot and cold drinks available throughout the day.
• Landscaped Gardens - A nice place for a summer BBQ.
• Secure Courtyard - Courtyward area with direct access from some rooms.
• Sitting Areas - Sit back and enjoy the outdoors.
• Wheelchair Access - Access to garden area
• Grow Plants - For those with green fingers.
• Secure Garden - Completely secure and safe to wander.
• Accommodation - Purpose built accommodation.
• Air Conditioning - Air conditioned garden room with under floor heating. Heat recovery and ventilation system throughout the building.
• Communal Areas - Two dining rooms, popular garden room, quiet lounge and first floor lounge.
• Furniture & Furnishings - Specialist furniture and fittings such as reclining chairs and grab rails are used throughout the home to provide assistance and aid in care.
• Transport - We have access to a minibus for trips.
Safety & Specialist Systems
• 24 hr Nurse Call - Help and assistance whenever it's needed.
• Intercom - Communication with staff from any room.
• Volker Full Profiling Electric Beds - Fitted with patented microstimulation frame to assist in pressure are care.
• Smoke Detectors - Highest level of detection 'L1' system fitted throughout the home.
• Thermostatic Radiators - Individual heating controls for every room.
• Underfloor Heating - Underfloor heating fitted in newest wings.
• Passenger Lift - Access to all floors.
• Wheelchair Access - Fully DDA compliant.
• Hoists - Electric hoists and other specialist equipment to assist in care.
• Assisted Bathrooms - Four assisted bathrooms with Arjo height adjustable baths.
• Shower Room - Level access shower room.
• Electromagnetic Fire Door Closers - Leave your door open without breaching fire regulations.
• Full Time Maintenance - Can he fix it? Yes, he can.